espadinha online dating - Dating whitall tatum glass insulators
Working with the controls The map is fully draggable. This facility became known as the Lower Works, and the Glasstown plant became known as the Upper Works.
Simply click anywhere on the map and begin dragging your mouse to move the map to specific areas. (see Schetterville Lower Works plan) An early newspaper clipping from the Washington Whig, dated March 4, 1816, gives interesting details about the activities of this location: A property called " Herring Hole Landing On Maurice River at Millville" which included a wharf house and 7 acres of land, was advertised for sale by Joseph M'Ilvaine.
In most cases the functional nature of insulators rendered color irrelevant.
The Maurice River Reaches Map is easy to interact with the simple controls and features provided. (photos of insulators from the Whitall-Tatum ca.1922-1938 first insulator machine and glass blowers) In 1854, Whitall Brothers purchased the Schetterville Flint and Glass Plant, which was in the community of Schetterville.
Listed below are the key features and descriptions of how they can be utilized. This name existed until the village merged with the city of Millville in 1885.
"The Legion site now is the upper part of the Whitall Tatum Glass Factory," explained Everett Turner. In the mid-1800's, the Wood family built dwellings for the community of workers who made a living in the factories. In Shirley Bailey's history of Whitall Tatum, she reported that the factory made "window glass…and probably bottles. By then Millville had attracted several hundred residents.
Millville's American Legion Post and Millville Public Library are situated on a site of historic significance. Millville Manufacturing Company and "Glasstown" were part of the Third Ward. In 1806, James Lee, who established Eagle Glass Works near Port Elizabeth, began the first glass factory in Millville.
The reporter mentions that there is some disappointment because the crew was almost finished their job.
"We regret this exceedingly as the work should be completed as far as Wood's wharf and the river should be straightened from Pea landing to the old gravel wharf or near *, and made 6 feet at low water and 100 feet wide all the way.
It is now about 4 feet deep and only 50 feet wide." General William F.
Smith, the engineer in charge, had put forth a recommendation for the expansion of the project.
Cullet could be from recycled beer or ginger ale bottles, usually in shades of green or amber, or other glass products.
Cullet could also be leftover glass from production of other items, such as decorative items or art glass, or simply recycled rejects from previous productions runs.
6/06 Upper Works (Whitall Tatum Co.) Narrative Recollections Everett Turner Other 1876 Atlas of Cumberland Co.Tags: Adult Dating, affair dating, sex dating